Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Flash Stories & Poetry Day 37: Riddle "Money"

 
Hey, everyone.

So, I've had a really weird day. Tuesday's and Thursday's are rare days for me because they're typically days I can get stuff done, but today was an exception. First, I had to run errands which took longer than expected because Kroger was out of something I needed, then I had to shovel snow--turns out we're getting more tomorrow--and then I tried to get some of my Christmas baking today and I still have a boatload of writing to do, including this. So I was thinking of foregoing a fiction piece and instead writing a poetry piece to keep things short. Maybe instead of working out tomorrow, I'll save it for Thursday and use tomorrow as a writing day because I still need to get a bunch of stuff done. So, I'll spin the wheel tonight as a matter of formality, but I hope it lands on something easy and short.

Wheel of Genres, turn, turn, turn! Tell me the genre I will discern!





Today's style is... Riddle!

Well, that's not as easy as I was looking for, but it can't be that hard, right?

Thirty minutes on the clock, although I don't think I'll be using all of them: 30:00. And... go!

What is it that can make a man...
A slave and purchase liberty,
Put him in the grave and new livery,
Impugn his piety to a deity,
Earn his love and loathing,
And make him desired by women
But a villain to lesser men?

***
 
Stop the clock! Except, I didn't start it because I was in such a rush. Anyway, the answer to this should be obvious as it is in the title of today's post. Hopefully, you guys got it. Oh, and the phrase "put him in the grave" has two meanings: either being worked to death, or being assassinated from too much gain. And "livery" can mean a style of dress.
 
But anyway, that's it for today. If you want to use the wheel I made, you should be able to access it here. And if you have the time, please check out my books for sale on Amazon which you can find through my author page. The link is below. Also, I reworked my Patreon page, so why not give it a look and consider becoming my patron. I would appreciate it.

Keep writing, my friends.

More About Bryan C. Laesch:

My Works:

Amazon: My Author Page, My Influencer Page
Facebook: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar
Patreon: Bryan C. Laesch
Twitter: BryanofallTrade
Youtube: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can You Pigeonhole Yourself through MBTI?

So, here’s a question for all you MBTI nerds: do you fear that knowing your personality type will pigeonhole you into acting a certain...