Tuesday, December 19, 2017

INTJ Problems: 13 Ways You Are An INTJ: A Response to personalitygrowth


Hey, everyone.

I'm sorry to have to do this to all of you, but I'm very compressed for time as of late. Finding a job and preparing for the holiday is occupying a lot of my time. Add to that, I'm trying to get a book or two out before the New Year, and I have other writing projects that I promised to do, which means something has to be sacrificed. Unfortunately, that's the INTJ blog. I know people love it--it's the most popular thing on my blog, but that's one of the reasons why I can sacrifice it because it's so popular. People are eating it up like candy.

Now, when I say sacrifice, I don't mean I'm dropping it, I just mean I won't be able to commit as much time to it right now. Lest of course I strike it big on Friday. (Pray for me!) I will try to upload something for next week and I will be working on things in the shadows, but for now, I have to phone it in. I'm sorry. Maybe after the new year things will look better. So, for now, I have another response blog, this time to personalitygrowth on their entry "13 Ways You Are An INTJ."

1. You immediately thought this article was clickbait crap.

I totally did.

2. You’re good at visualizing how things will play out.

Usually. Although, INTJs are so flexible in terms of possibilities that we're generally not surprised the way things go no matter how they go. True, some things are more probable, and we do put our money on those probabilities, however, a wise enough INTJ can envision them all.

3. You often become an expert in whatever your subject of interest happens to be.

Sort of. I got really into mixology for a while and I started memorizing drink recipes and booze types left and right. And when I've been into whips, archery, firearms, and swords, all of which are recurring interests, I'm generally eager for any new information  or any new insights there are out there.

4. You know how to put a smile on your face and be polite, even if you think the other person is an idiot.

Well, I do, I just usually don't choose to do so. That's not to say I treat idiots like they're idiots, I just don't humor them.

5. You’re a perfectionist.

I'd like to fight this point, but I cannot. It's true, I am. Maybe that's why we always envision things or conversations. We can see the perfect image or sequence of events, and that's what we want to achieve, and why we're so disappointed when it doesn't come out like that.

6. You tend to be a planner, but sometimes can become impulsive at the wrong times.

There are very few times when being impulsive has burned me. Once was somewhat recently, but for the most part, I'm not impulsive. Although, I am totally a planner and spend precious time weighing everything by gain.

7. You have a rich inner world that most people don’t get to see.

Very true. The inner mind of an INTJ is a fabulous place. It's better than any fantasy movie out there. It's just a shame I can't share it. I try to though with all the writing I do.



8. You have a dry and sarcastic humor that many people don’t get.

I don't know. There are a lot smartasses in Michigan. And my brother and sister can tell a joke completely deadpan, so I'm pretty sure my dry and sarcastic humor is often understood. It only tends to be in writing where it's missed or mistranslated.

9. You can become so absorbed in a project that you sometimes forget to eat.

Never happens to me. I like food, and what with being on a diet, it's important that I eat at least three squares a day so my metabolism doesn't slow down. If I ever happen to miss a meal, it's not because I was engrossed, it's because something held me up.

10. You form strong bonds to the select few people you choose to be close to.

Yes. I can count on one hand how many true friends I have, and I generally feel very close to them indeed. I saw one of them on Monday night. She generally dominates the conversation, and I'm often too polite to interrupt and short-spoken to talk at length. But I gave her an extremely outrageous hug when I left. I picked her up, I squeezed her a bunch, and when she made mention of needing to lose some weight, I did grab her sides and poke and slap her stomach. She's got some great abs, so I don't know what she's talking about. But! You would never see me pull that crap with a lot of other people, including other friends and family.

11. You can be very convincing when you want to get your point across.

I suppose. Depends on whether or not I get a chance to speak. I do often come up with a lot of points for doing or not doing something when I need to. Just the other night, when I saw my friend, I drove my Old Man's car, but I didn't put it back in the garage, and I have about six different reasons why.

12.  You think most people are annoying.

For the most part. Maybe not most and maybe not through any conscious fault of their own, just being around me, they can annoy me. So, perhaps.

13. Unless someone does something to get your respect.

I suppose that's true, too, but honestly, it's easier to lose an INTJ's respect than it is to gain it. Most of the time, people don't meet my expectations and I lose respect for them rather than them doing something great and earning my respect. And honestly, I'd rather be around an annoying person than someone I don't respect. I might get angrier and lose my patience faster, but it won't be as big of a blow to my morale.

So, that wasn't too bad of a list. Not that far off. It wasn't total crap. But, I have to get going. See you all later.

Keep writing, my friends.

More About Bryan C. Laesch:

My Works:

Amazon: My Author Page, My Influencer Page
Facebook: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar
Patreon: Bryan C. Laesch
Twitter: BryanofallTrade
Youtube: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can You Pigeonhole Yourself through MBTI?

So, here’s a question for all you MBTI nerds: do you fear that knowing your personality type will pigeonhole you into acting a certain...