Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Flash Stories & Poetry Day 45: Riddle "Greatest Coil and Liberty"

 
Hey, everyone.

So, unfortunately, today was alright, but this evening was terrible. I don't know why. All my anxieties, worries, and concerns hit me like a brick. Should make for a good riddle though.

Wheel of Genres, turn, turn, turn! Tell me the genre I will discern!





Today's style is... Riddle.

Thirty minutes on the clock: 30:00. And... go.

What is it...

     That gives a man unparalleled joy
       and untold misery,

     That spells doom upon a woman's brow
       and frightens a child?

What is it...

     That fetters a man in fruitless pursuits
       and reveals him to be naught
          but hollow and ash?

What is it...

     That could cause a man to forsake his lover,
       to surrender his title and possessions?

What is it...

     That gives a man reason and purpose beyond all
       but reveals him to be mad?

What is the answer to a question with all bearing,
     but questions all un-bearing answers?

What causes a man to be of the world but not in it,
     and in the world, but not of it?

One who knows nothing, can understand nothing;
     and one who understands nothing, can know nothing.

To what end will a man make his existence shudder,
     and what existence shudders a man's end?

Thus is the world's greatest coil and greatest liberty.

***
 
I would say stop the clock, but I wasn't keeping the time. Regardless, this only took about ten or fifteen minutes. I quite like it. I feel like this captures the sorrow of my soul quite well. (Hm, that's a nice poetic phrase.) 
 
But anyway, that's it for today. If you want to use the wheel I made, you should be able to access it here. And if you have the time, please check out my books for sale on Amazon which you can find through my author page. The link is below. Also, I reworked my Patreon page, so why not give it a look and consider becoming my patron. I would appreciate it.

Keep writing, my friends.

More About Bryan C. Laesch:

My Works:

Amazon: My Author Page, My Influencer Page
Facebook: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar
Patreon: Bryan C. Laesch
Twitter: BryanofallTrade
Youtube: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can You Pigeonhole Yourself through MBTI?

So, here’s a question for all you MBTI nerds: do you fear that knowing your personality type will pigeonhole you into acting a certain...