Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Flash Stories & Poetry Day 44: Limerick "RWBY Limericks"

 
Hey, everyone.

Well, I wasn't as busy today as yesterday, though I still was busy. I had a job interview and they nearly hired me on the spot, but they're pretty far away. Hopefully, something better comes down the pipeline. And then afterward, I had a to meet a student I'm tutoring in Spanish. Interesting guy; goes to Cuba a lot and wants to learn conversational Spanish. But he'll probably catch on quickly. Anyway...

Wheel of Genres, turn, turn, turn! Tell me the genre I will discern!





Today's style is... Limerick.

Okay, so, sometimes when you're working on one opus, another opus will pop into your head, fully formed without any work. I honestly thought up a limerick in a few seconds. It was about a character from an animated web series called RWBY, which is an anagram of the four main characters first names. And basically the B-character limerick wrote itself, so I'm going to write it down and try to write limericks for the other three... and maybe for some of the other characters. And if you're a fan of RWBY, you'll probably enjoy this immensely.


Thirty minutes on the clock: 30:00. And... go!

I once met a maiden named Ruby,
She said her friend was a booby,
    She was fond of hoods red,
    And making Grimm dead,
And she had a nice booty.

I once knew a princess named Weiss,
She was quite fond of everything ice,
    Her best friend is quaint,
    Despite Weiss' complaint,
But that will have to suffice.

I once met a cat-girl named Blake,
She was what you could call a flake,
    When I asked her her age,
    She said she was a page,
And fought for justice's sake.

I once met a hottie named Yang,
She started the night with a bang,
    She teased with a kiss,
    But served up a diss,
And beat up Junior's gang.

I once met a bitch named Cinder,
Her underlings were two Kinder,
    She was ambitious at best,
    Willing to kill the rest,
And turned Pyrrha into tinder.

There once was a girl named Nora,
She had an interesting aura,
    She had a great hammer,
    And made such a clamor,
And she never heard of the Torah.

There once was a character Amber,
None of the fans had heard of her,
    She was taken in ambush,
    Qrow had to save her sweet tush,
And now we remember her with myrrh.

***
 
Alright, stop the clock. Five minutes and something left. So, those weren't as dirty as I originally planned. The one with Blake, the one I thought up first, was much dirtier, but I didn't expect any one to really get the reference between page and the original word I had in the last line, "snake," basically me saying she was underage and yet she somehow had knowledge of the size of the narrator's penis. But since none of the others' were all that dirty and there are other words that rhyme with Blake, I changed the poem to fit her character better. Also, when I call her a "flake," I mean it in the sense she's always running away from her problems. But overall, I think Yang's is my favorite with Cinder's being a close second. As for Ruby's, not a lot of things rhyme with her name, so I had to use an near-rhyme. And, lastly, for Amber, for remembering her with myrrh, what does that mean? Well, myrrh was once used in ancient times for embalming the dead. So, you tell me.
 
But anyway, that's it for today. If you want to use the wheel I made, you should be able to access it here. And if you have the time, please check out my books for sale on Amazon which you can find through my author page. The link is below. Also, I reworked my Patreon page, so why not give it a look and consider becoming my patron. I would appreciate it.

Keep writing, my friends.

More About Bryan C. Laesch:

My Works:

Amazon: My Author Page, My Influencer Page
Facebook: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar
Patreon: Bryan C. Laesch
Twitter: BryanofallTrade
Youtube: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can You Pigeonhole Yourself through MBTI?

So, here’s a question for all you MBTI nerds: do you fear that knowing your personality type will pigeonhole you into acting a certain...