Thursday, December 7, 2017

50 Things INTJs Hate: A Response to INTJ Vision


Hey, everyone.

So, I want to do more INTJ related stuff on my blog because those are always really popular, and it'll help me prepare for my book The INTJ Mystique. So, to help out with all that, I've decided to write another response blog to INTJ Vision. They turned out a post called 50 Things INTJs Hate, so I thought I would run through it and give my feedback. Let's get on with it.

1. Mistyped INTJs;

At first, I didn't think this was a big deal because I can't remember ever meeting a mistyped INTJ, but then I remembered that there are people out there who claim Hillary and Al Gore are INTJs, and every time I see that, I get really pissed off because I'd bet both my testicles that they are not. So, yes, this is something I hate.

2. Making a mistake;

Yes. Some would say mistakes prove that I'm human and I'm like, "Who needs that?!"

3. The torture of small talk;

Yes. It accomplishes nothing.

4. Repeating [the] same thing over and over again;

Yes! I hate hearing people say the same thing over and over again, and I hate saying the same thing over and over again. I'm an INTJ, I only need to be told once, but usually not at all! And, it's just more efficient if I can say my piece only once.

5. Feeling guilty for procrastinating;

Well, yes. But you should feel guilty for procrastinating. There's a certain saying I like, "Sometimes you feel guilty because you are."


6. Having overly high standards for yourself;

Not really. It does sometimes get in the way or become stressful, but honestly, they just make you a better person, so why wouldn't you have them?

7. Working without [a] clear goal;

Yes! What's the point?! Where are we going?! Is it worth my time and talent?! Tell me!

8. People who force others to accept their views and opinions;

Yes! F*ck off! I don't force anyone to accept my views; in fact, not many people accept my views and opinions willingly, so f*ck you and yours!


9. Being often misunderstood;

Well, I wouldn't say hate. It does become tedious, but as an INTJ, it's an occupational hazard. Get over it.

10. Family gatherings;

I actually don't hate these at all. I love family gatherings. Now, the problem of what to do with myself once I get there, that's an issue, but the gathering itself is fine. I usually look forward to them.

11. Illogical presumptions;

Yep.

12. Teamwork and group activities;

Big ten-four there, dead buddy.

13. Overly emotional people;

Uh-huh.

14. Overanalyzing too much;

Dude, have you ever met an INTJ? Hot damn, this is our jam; we do it into the A.M. Just like being misunderstood, it's an occupational hazard of being an INTJ. If you can't stand the heat, get the f*ck out of the INTJ kitchen.

15. When people are pointing out your flaws over and over again, which you already know;

I wouldn't say I hate this, but I am totally aware of my flaws. It amazes me that other people aren't aware of theirs.





16. Alone time interruptions;

Yes!

17. When people are chronically late;

Yes!

18. Incompetent authority;

Yes!

19. Being touched by strangers;

Well, wait a minute. In general, sure. But, if it's a pretty, nice, clean girl who's doing the touching and she's going in for a hug, this doesn't bother me in the least.


20. Receiving phone calls and talking on the phone in general;

Sort of, but if someone has legitimate business with me and it's not just to talk my ear off or sell me something, I would rather talk about it in real time than text endlessly back and forth.

21. When your friends nag for attention;

I haven't had a friend nag for my attention in years. It was a bother back then, but I didn't really consider her a friend.

22. Unnecessary rules;

Yes!

23. When people take your sarcasm for real;

Not really hate, just more annoying than anything.

24. Bad grammar;

Yes! I don't even save memes on Pinterest that I agree with if something is misspelled or the grammar is bad.

25. People who talk incessantly;

Yes! Especially in church or school.

 
26. When people ask your opinion and get offended by it;

Yes. Although, because people typically end up doing whatever they feel like anyway, I don't usually offer my opinion in the first place.

27. When conversation doesn’t follow the script you created in your head;

Well, not hate, but yeah, it can be frustrating.

28. Conflicts instead of logical arguing;

I suppose, but if I know there's going to be a conflict and it's going to be illogical, I choose to avoid it altogether.

29. When people tell you about the problems they don’t want to be solved;

Yes! If you don't want it fixed, don't bring it up! Don't curse the darkness; light a f*cking candle! Not to mention, INTJs have no sympathy for people who can see the problems with their situation and choose to stay in that situation.

30. Unoptimized systems;

Yes. I'm a sucker for efficiency.


31. People who can’t see the consequences of their actions;

Holy sh*t, yes! Seriously, how can people lack so much foresight?! Do they really not expect anything to go wrong or anything to come back and bite them in the ass?

Did you really just do that?

32. Seeing a problem and not being able to fix it;

Yes.

33. When your brain just freezes in social situations;

Yes.

34. The lack of more people with INTJ personality in your surroundings;

Well, maybe not. INTJs are special for a lot of reasons, including our rarity, and if there were more of us, that could cause problems. It does get lonely at times, but we're so opinionated and arrogant, having too many of us in one place could get quite tiresome.

35. Bright lights;

Yes! I currently live out in the country, and because of the lack of light pollution, the lightning is so bright, it's actually annoying at night.


36. Invasions of privacy;

Yes!

37. Sudden noises disturbing silence;

Yes! My Old Man does this from time to time. He'll suddenly have a vocal outburst just because it's fun, and it's so annoying.

38. Using impractical methods to complete a task just for the sake of organization standards;

Yes.

39. Random people who try to hug you first time you meet them;

Well, again, if it's a pretty, nice girl who's clean, not as big of a deal.

Free hugs and kisses. This girl is devoted.

40. Socially awkward situations;

I don't allow situations to become socially awkward. Rather, that is to say, if they're socially awkward, I refuse to let it bother me.

41. Meaningless conversations;

Isn't this the same thing as small talk?

42. Crowded places;

Yes! This is one of the reasons why I don't like the city.

43. Inconsistency;

Yes!

44. Irrationality;

Yes!

45. Romance;

Now, hold on just a cotton-pickin' minute there. You get me in the right mood with the right person, and I am the smoothest operator in the world. In fact, I love writing romance scenes in my books and I love watching romance develop between two anime or video game characters. I love the cutesy bullsh*t. No joke.


46. Being underestimated;

Yes! Holy sh*t! It's especially frustrating when they underestimate you so much, they won't even allow you a chance to prove them wrong. But I must say, meeting and then shattering their expectations and seeing the look on their faces--there is nothing quite as sweet.


47. Surprises;

Well, no news is good news. But if it's a pretty, clean, nice girl who wants to give me a hug--I like those kinds of surprises.

48. When people interrupt your speech;

Yes! For f*ck sake! Why do people do that?! I've tried to talk over people and just keep going, never works. Don't people know how to wait their turn? For f*ck sake.


49. People constantly telling you that you look angry or sad when you're just serious;

Well, it is annoying, but I wouldn't say I hate it. It's really irritating when it comes from my mother because she argues the most ardently about it, and it's like, of all the people in the world who should know me and know that this is just my face, my mother should be that person.


50. This list being too [specific] to apply to INTJs only.

Well, maybe. There are definitely things in here that should bother other people, but there are some things here that only relate to INTJs.

Anyway, that's it for now. I hope to have more INTJ double posts per week in the future. Hopefully, this will become a thing.

Keep writing, my friends.

More About Bryan C. Laesch:

My Works:

Amazon: My Author Page, My Influencer Page
Facebook: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar
Patreon: Bryan C. Laesch
Twitter: BryanofallTrade
Youtube: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can You Pigeonhole Yourself through MBTI?

So, here’s a question for all you MBTI nerds: do you fear that knowing your personality type will pigeonhole you into acting a certain...