Friday, December 15, 2017

Flash Stories & Poetry Day 40: Cinquain "Misery"

 
Hey, everyone.

So, I'm getting started on this earlier than I did yesterday, but it's still quite late. And I didn't sleep brilliantly last night, so I'm tired as hell. So, we'll see how this goes.

Wheel of Genres, turn, turn, turn! Tell me the genre I will discern!





Today's style is... Cinquain!

I'm sure some of you are confused because today is supposed to be fiction day, but honestly, I'm really tired and don't feel like making my brain work that hard. I know it sucks, but that's what happens when you go to bed at four in the morning, and then rise ten. And generally when I'm this tired, all my anxieties are magnified, so I don't feel well mentally. I feel kind of beaten by life even though I want to be in the Christmas spirit. So, I'll give this cinquain a try.

Thirty minutes on the clock: 30:00. And... go.

Begone...
Mea culpa...
Burden of time wasted...
Wall are closing in--I am trapped!
Grief grows.

***
 
And I'm going to stop it there with twenty-two minutes left. Sorry to get dismal, but that's how I'm feeling right now. And there's still some stuff that I need to get done this evening before I can sod off with my misery, and I really don't want to do them. But I must. The other problem with this poetical form is that it's too restrictive to really get out what I'm feeling. I wanted to express my misery in a much more flowery manner, but cinquains don't allow for that.
 
Also, for the next few days, I'm going to be slammed with a bunch of crap I have to do, so I think I'm going to keep writing poetry. It'll also help with the poetry book I plan on putting out. Sorry to do that to you guys, but I have to.
 
But anyway, that's it for today. If you want to use the wheel I made, you should be able to access it here. And if you have the time, please check out my books for sale on Amazon which you can find through my author page. The link is below. Also, I reworked my Patreon page, so why not give it a look and consider becoming my patron. I would appreciate it.

Keep writing, my friends.

More About Bryan C. Laesch:

My Works:

Amazon: My Author Page, My Influencer Page
Facebook: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar
Patreon: Bryan C. Laesch
Twitter: BryanofallTrade
Youtube: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can You Pigeonhole Yourself through MBTI?

So, here’s a question for all you MBTI nerds: do you fear that knowing your personality type will pigeonhole you into acting a certain...