Sunday, December 17, 2017

Flash Stories & Poetry Day 42: Free Verse "Lost Souls"

 
Hey, everyone.

So, I wanted to do something different today. I really am not big on free verse because it doesn't rhyme, but today I feel the necessity to write some of it, specifically about some of the things that are causing me to feel lost. As a result, I kind of feel like a "lost soul," hence the title of this post. So, let's get on with it.

Today's style is Free Verse.

Thirty minutes on the clock: 30:00. And... go.

Within the desires of the world,
    I am lost.

Within the desires for self,
    I am lost.

Within the feelings of what
          the world tells me is true,
    I am lost.

Is there no one out there who thinks like me, who acts like me, who is lost like me,
    who I could be my companion?

We may be lost, but at least, we're lost together. Lost within a world that has lost
    its meaning like a devil seeming within, without, its own dreaming.

Lost souls... are we dead to the flow of time... past, present, and future?

Lost souls... are we meant to live... without our meaning?

Lost souls... is there some meaning... in our suffering?
    ...or are we merely lost?    ...and meant to wander... ?

Misery loves company but loneliness shunned...

Meaning needs direction but direction abounds when significance forgotten...

Torture of the soul found in chains; liberty desired, ego fails, liberty falls.

I am lost for expression...

Where is my love? A lost soul... for me...

Does anyone understand this heartache... this burden... ?

I am lost for... expression... affection...

    Expression...

        Affection...

***
 
Stop the clock. Thirteen minutes left. Well, that was drab. At one point, I felt like I was getting at what I want, but I think I lost the plot halfway through. I probably should've written what I was feeling last night so I didn't lose the feeling. I still feel lost, but this isn't exactly how I wanted to say it, but it is all in there: loneliness, suffering, lack of meaning in life. I hate being this drab and melodramatic, but when you've been screwed by life and you're facing imprisonment of the soul, it's hard not to be dramatic.
 
Anyway, that's it for today. If you have the time, please check out my books for sale on Amazon which you can find through my author page. The link is below. Also, I reworked my Patreon page, so why not give it a look and consider becoming my patron. I would appreciate it.

Keep writing, my friends.

More About Bryan C. Laesch:

My Works:

Amazon: My Author Page, My Influencer Page
Facebook: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar
Patreon: Bryan C. Laesch
Twitter: BryanofallTrade
Youtube: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can You Pigeonhole Yourself through MBTI?

So, here’s a question for all you MBTI nerds: do you fear that knowing your personality type will pigeonhole you into acting a certain...