Friday, May 11, 2018

Quick and Dirty INTJ Thoughts #2: I Can Do Anything


Hey, everyone.

So's I'm back with another Quick and Dirty INTJ Thoughts. This is a short quick and dirty thought, so let's just go ahead and jump into it.

Explanation

Some may be quick to contradict this meme, saying that INTJs can't feel emotions or that they can't act illogical, but not only are they wrong, they're hella wrong. Besides, this is more about being able to do things like work retail despite how much it crushes our souls to do so. Now obviously, there are certain limits to this claim, like a male INTJ can't give birth and a female INTJ can't ejaculate sperm, but beyond those tiny gender specific things, there isn't much an INTJ can't do.

While we're not known for our flexibility, we do tend to be rather stubborn. To some extent, we're stubborn just for the sake of proving our detractors wrong, however, it is usually to prove ourselves right or to vindicate our own beliefs. For instance, INTJs are big into keeping their word. So while we may feel like going into work on a particular day will kill us, we still do so because we accepted the job. We gave our word to serve, and serve we will.

But the biggest aspect to this idea that INTJs can do anything comes from the idea that we're Jacks-of-all-trades. Now, where this idea comes from, I'm not too sure, but it probably has something to do with our Ni. In a search for truth and answers, we will put up with jobs like retail and window cleaning for a few months just to see what there is to see. Who knows what we could end up learning? Who knows where we can apply it elsewhere in our lives? Hell, I started employing this philosophy before I knew I was an INTJ. Back when I was in community college, I chose to go after Wayne State's English program rather than Oakland University's because I thought I would benefit more from Wayne's broader requirements whereas OU was much more focused on English majors studying English. (I may have made the wrong choice.)

But anyway, that's the gist. Our ability to do anything comes from a combination of sheer stubbornness and not knowing where the eldritch truths of the world may be found. I could've found it at the bottom of a 3-gallon bucket full of dirty, soapy water. You never know.

Keep writing, my friends.

More About Bryan C. Laesch:


Amazon: My Author Page
Facebook: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar
Patreon: Bryan C. Laesch

Instagram: Bryan C. Laesch
Twitter: BryanofallTrade
Youtube: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar



No comments:

Post a Comment

Can You Pigeonhole Yourself through MBTI?

So, here’s a question for all you MBTI nerds: do you fear that knowing your personality type will pigeonhole you into acting a certain...