Saturday, June 2, 2018

Being A Writer #3: This Book Needs to be a Movie!


Hey, everyone.

Unlike last week's Being A Writer, this one is much more positive. And probably much shorter.

Explanation

When I first wrote Remnants of Chaos: Chaotic Omens, when I finished it, I posted it to Inkitt where it got some great reviews, including one or two people saying it should be turned into a movie.

I quite enjoyed how emphatic they were about it, one claiming ROCCO "needs" to be a movie. It says quite a lot about your writing when the audience approves of it being turned into a motion picture. I know not all cinematic adaptations are homeruns, but when people are saying, "Someone should spend $100 million+ to bring this to life!" you can't help but take it as a compliment. You wrote a story and built a world that's worth hundreds of millions of dollars to somebody, and that could be your hundreds of millions of dollars.

But it's not just about the money. It's about the exposure and recognition. Movies have a wider reach than books, and generally, most cinematic adaptations are fantastic pieces of art and sometimes they're better than the book. The fact that there are people out there who believe your work is worthy of that sort of effort to properly imagine it and they believe you're good enough to be worldly acclaimed are significant feathers in your cap. Compliments like this are why we stay in the business.

The only thing better is if someone says your book is their favorite.

***
 

If you enjoyed this uplifting Being A Writer post and you want to stay in the loop with whatever I write, please consider joining my mailing list or even supporting me on Patreon. $1 a month keeps me from doing "real" work, and I really appreciate that.

Keep writing, my friends.

More About Bryan C. Laesch:

Amazon: My Author Page
Facebook: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar
Patreon: Bryan C. Laesch

Instagram: Bryan C. Laesch
Twitter: BryanofallTrade
Youtube: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can You Pigeonhole Yourself through MBTI?

So, here’s a question for all you MBTI nerds: do you fear that knowing your personality type will pigeonhole you into acting a certain...