Monday, February 26, 2018

80 Signs You're An INTJ: A Response to BuzzFeed, Part II



Hey, everyone.

I'm back with the second part of my response to BuzzFeed. Yes, I do realize that my first response was, what, yesterday? But, if I am to have any hope of beating last month's views this month, I unfortunately need to a hustle a little. Thankfully I've actually been working on this one in my down time while I was doing the other one.

Anyway, in case you missed the plot of the first response I wrote, it's basically this: BuzzFeed wrote an article called "80 Signs You're An INTJ," and I'm either proving them right or refuting their claims. Whether they're wrong or not, I still encourage you to check out their article as it is fully loaded with gifs and pictures, so it's likely to be a hell of a lot more interesting than my version.

So, let's continue with this bad boy, but before we do that I want to remind you all that you can support my blog through Patreon. One dollar a month goes a long way to supporting it, and five dollars goes even further. That's just 17 cents a day. Also, I just reworked my Patreon so it's more appealing to readers of my blog.

Alrighty then...

21. Suffice to say you're a bad influence.

On whom? ...Well, this is sort of true. Back when I was a Youth Minister, and I had volunteered to help set up for Vacation Bible School along with a few members of my youth group, my mother, the Director of Religious Education, criticized some sass I gave her. She said I should be a good example to the youth group members, to which I responded, "I am. I don't want them to blindly accept everything they hear."

22. Your truly losing an argument is the stuff of legend.

Well... depends how you count it. Personally, I don't like to argue. I like to go for the throat with the best argument possible and then walk away. Let them figure it out from there. Unfortunately, some people consider that cowardly and running away. If that's the case, I've actually lost lots of arguments. But you really shouldn't get into it with people on the Internet. You don't need that sort of aggravation.

23. "Technically..."

I don't feel like I say "technically" a lot, but I do say "well" a lot. They're thematically the same.

24. Finding a point of agreement in a discussion is buried treasure for you.

Um, maybe. Depends on how attractive the young woman I'm talking to is.

 Now, this is buried treasure.

25. This systematic approach gives you an uncanny ability to resolve conflicts.

If I feel like resolving conflicts. Most of the conflicts I come across, I'm as content as a cucumber to let them continue because I'm not involved.

26. You almost never use it for that.

Ah... I should have waited before explaining myself.

27. Your history is kind of mysterious.

Mostly because we'd rather not go into it. Why? Three reasons:
1. Because in order to do the story justice, we need your attention for quite a while. Keeping it succinct however is of no interest to us as nothing interesting happens in the easily surmised spans. The devil is in the details.
2. Not to mention, we're like friggin' detectives and can remember everything about everything. People are both amazed and creeped out by this ability. As a result, we come off a little crazy, and we know that, hence why we like to keep things to ourselves.
3. Plus, our histories are sort of mundane. What's most interesting about us is our perspective, and it has very little to do with where we grew up or went to school.

28. You feel awkward at parties.

Depends on the party. At family parties, I've managed to deal with the awkwardity by sitting quietly somewhere and observing. I think my high school reunion was kind of awkward though.





29. But you can rock a corner.

Define "rock." Because to be honest, I don't think we actually rock them so much as we just like to linger within them. Perhaps you're mistaking our contentment for rocking them.

30. Small talk is an endurance sport.

Boy-howdy, is it. How do other people do it? And why?

31. "What have you been reading?" (The entire list [gif])

Uh, do you mean what I'm currently reading, trying to read, or what I should be reading?

32. You never look embarrassing somehow (even falling over or silly dancing look like a knowing in-joke.)

I wish I could believe that's true. I unfortunately don't think it is, otherwise we would not appear to be awkward at parties.

33. Your thinking face looks angry.




34. Your angry face looks serene.

I wouldn't say our angry face looks serene, but we do have certain faces that while looking happy or peaceful, the thoughts behind those faces are anything but.

35. You have an incredibly long fuse with a bomb at the end.

It is amazing how patient we can be for all the sh*t we don't up with. Also, it's less of a bomb, and more of a nuke.

36. Consequently, people find you hard to read.

And we like it that way. We don't want people knowing what we're thinking because that might give them an edge on us.

37. Your business face ensures no one tries to fuck with you.

As it should. You mess with a man's money, and the man will mess with you.

38. You snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Man, I hope that's true.

39. You can pass for charismatic.

Under the right conditions, and with people who take our sarcastic comments for comedy and not caustic criticism, yes. There have been some young ladies in the past who have suddenly lost their trousers whilst talking to me.

Or so I assume from their comments in the chatroom.

40. You obsessively admire and respect true intelligence.

...Possibly. I want to say yes to this, but what is "true intelligence?" That seems like a very hard thing to define. And I wouldn't say "true intelligence" is "high intelligence." You can be very smart, but still be dumb as hell. I knew plenty of guys like that back in high school.
 
 

 
 
Well, that's it for now, you guys. I know I've been promising you that article about INTJs and ENFPs for a little while now. I swear, it's coming. Maybe this week or sometime early next week. But it is coming. I just wanted to squeeze out enough views this month to beat last month, but that article is coming. It will be the next INTJ post you guys get from me. I swear. But until then...
 
Keep writing, my friends.

More About Bryan C. Laesch:

My Opera:

Amazon: My Author Page
Facebook: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar
Patreon: Bryan C. Laesch
Twitter: BryanofallTrade
Youtube: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar



No comments:

Post a Comment

Can You Pigeonhole Yourself through MBTI?

So, here’s a question for all you MBTI nerds: do you fear that knowing your personality type will pigeonhole you into acting a certain...