Tuesday, March 13, 2018

80 Signs You're An INTJ: A Response to Buzzfeed, Part IV



Hey, everyone.

Holy crap! So, finally, here's my fourth and final response to BuzzFeed's "80 Signs You're An INTJ." Thank God; I'm so tired of this damn article. And in case you haven't read them, you can find my first, second, and third responses here, here, and here, respectively.

But before we finish this sucker off, I have to do my Patreon plug. If you enjoy the content I put out on my blog, please consider supporting me through Patreon. One dollar a month goes a long way with $5 going even farther--that's just .17 cents a day.

Alright, let's finish this bitch.

61. Your sense of fun seems bizarre to outsiders.

Outsiders? Try everybody.


Tractor Tire Hooping!!!!!


62. You have apathy where offense usually is.

Not always, but sometimes. There are times where politics is considered that people are super offended, and I just don't give a f*ck.

63. You apply your brains to lazy ends.

Wait a minute; isn't that statement contradictory? If you're applying yourself, you're not being lazy. I think the word you're looking for is "efficient."

64. When you like something, you observe it.

Sure do. Almost obsessively so. That's probably why we creep out our crushes.

65. You avoid deepening relationships without good reason.

Not really. True, I don't like talking about my past or the mundane sh*t about my life, but if you really want to know more about me, I have no problem spilling my guts.

66. Being in love terrifies you.

Are you sh*tting me? I'd love to be in love. F*ck this single sh*t.




67. As does the merest prospect of emotional dependence.

Well, sort of. Any sort of dependence scares us. We can't always be sure that we can depend on that dependence.

68. Your sensitive disposition is constantly on the lookout for rejection.

Yes, actually. I almost always assume the worst when asking for favors. We're very pessimistic people. The good thing about that though is that when we're wrong, we're always pleasantly surprised and quite grateful.



69. You become formal and polite when hurt in public.

True, but it totally makes sense. People are often formal with those they're distant from and informal with those they're close to. Not to mention, we don't want to appear hurt when we're out in public, so not only are we distancing ourselves from the person who hurt us, but we're also distancing ourselves from the situation.

70. You go quiet and become hesitant when hurt in private.

Sometimes. Shutting down is definitely one of our defense mechanisms.

71. When you trust someone, silence is golden.

In company that good, nothing needs to be spoken. It's enough that you're just there.

72. Your closest friends have passed a list of secret tests.

They sure have. Although, some of them just refuse to leave my side regardless of how poorly I may treat them. People like that are definitely worth keeping.






73. Your close friends = friends who have seen you cry.


One of them has. The rest haven't. And so long as I can work my will, that's how it's going to be.

74. Duty is something you sign up for or rebel against.


Yes, actually. It's quite surprising. We can be the best and most obedient soldier, or we can be the most wanted, and hardest to control rebel-without-a-cause. What's really interesting is how quickly we can change from one to the other depending on the person in front of us and what they say or do.

75. You resent being controlled above all else.


I don't know if I'd go so far as to say "above all else," but it's definitely up there. We like being in control, and hate feeling like our choices are not our own.

76. You're overjoyed to find precise answers.


I wouldn't say "overjoyed," but we do like precise answers. It makes life so much easier.

77. When INTJs find a perfect solution. (you cry [gif])


No! That's overplaying it.



78. You relish having the last word or lasting impression.


Last words are for arrogant f*cks, but lasting impressions, those can't be beat. I remember just about everything and everyone, so when someone remembers me, especially something small, flattering, or from a long time ago, it's especially complimentary.

79. You're difficult to impress.


That's very true. I once had a friend who rushed me out of my house over to his, covered my eyes with his hands, and then we stumbled into his living room (because he was much shorter than me) to see his new big screen TV. Another time, back when I was a youth minister, my co-youth minister was super excited to share with me that we had been given the responsibility of taking care of the sign out in front of the church. Both times my response was something akin to "You got me off the toilet for this?"
Note: Not actual sign in front of my former parish.
Man, I f*cking hated that church sign! Talk about a miserable, pointless, and thankless task. Especially in the f*cking winter. When I was told to surrender the duty to someone else because I wasn't taking care of it fast enough, I happily did so.

80. You enjoyed the INTJ-indulgent length of this list.


Are you implying that INTJs like things long? ...That might be true. But personally, I found that this list dragged on in a few spots. But maybe that's just because I wrote four articles on it space out over two to three weeks. Oy vey!

Well, you guys. That's it. That's the end. I'm so glad. Well, until I find another long as hell article on INTJs and decide to rip it off for my own views. Anyway, my post on how INTJs view money will be up at the end of the week, and hopefully, I'll have another rant up about why work sucks to complement it. But until then...

Keep writing, my friends.

More About Bryan C. Laesch:

My Opera:


Amazon: My Author Page
Facebook: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar
Patreon: Bryan C. Laesch
Twitter: BryanofallTrade
Youtube: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can You Pigeonhole Yourself through MBTI?

So, here’s a question for all you MBTI nerds: do you fear that knowing your personality type will pigeonhole you into acting a certain...