Friday, March 30, 2018

What Color Best Represents INTJs?


Hey, everyone.

So I ended up keeping my word this time, and I'm going to write about the perfect color to represent INTJs. Now, I'm not going to get complicated about this and say something like mauve or maroon, and instead I'm going to focus on the basic Roy G. Biv scale plus white and black. And like I said, this is mostly for fun as well as a way to enlighten others to the characteristics of INTJs through a playful concept. Don't be offended if you're an INTJ and I don't mention your favorite color.

Before we get into this color aspect of INTJs though, I want to remind you all of my Patreon. If you enjoy my content and you'd like to support my blog, maybe "buy a stake" and give me money to grow, I would definitely appreciate it. For $1 a month, you get access to my news feed and the ability to give input on what blog topics I write about, whereas for $5 a month, you'll get teasers for my new books and recognition on my blog as a patron. And there are plenty of more goodies the more you donate. Go to my Patreon to find out what those are.

Wonderful Colors

Alright, then. So in examining the qualities of INTJs, I came to the conclusion that there are four colors that can be used to represent INTJs. They are blue, red, violet, and black. Well, black's not technically a color--it's a shade, but you get the idea. So let's start this off from the top.

Blue


Calm, cool, and calculating are all words you can use to describe INTJs. They are rational and slow to anger, although they'd love to smack an idiot some days. And they can be as deep and as mysterious and as the depths of the sea. What wonders lurk within the fathoms of their minds are mind-blowing discoveries still waiting to be found. Just beware as those wonders can be as weird and as eldritch as some of the creatures of the deepening abyss.

For these reasons, as well as a strong masculine quality, blue is a great color to represent INTJs.

However, might this understanding of INTJs be a little too basic and perhaps stereotypical? For instance, blue doesn't say anything of their strong passion.

Red


Despite their cooler outer exterior, a strong passion runs through the veins of an INTJ. It can be difficult to access for the cooler shield blocking the way, but a fire certainly rages inside. In the right company, an INTJ is strongly opinionated and wastes no time or effort in expressing said opinion. And for those things and people they genuinely care about, their love and passion can be quite strong, sometimes unrelenting. For such a cool and brooding people, INTJs can be the most idealistic when it comes to love and loyalty.

For these reasons, it makes sense for INTJs to gravitate toward red.

But supposing you're an INTJ who pays equal respect to both red and blue, and you want to emphasize the power of your intellect?


Violet


Thankfully, red and blue mix into violet (purple). It's the best of both worlds as it balances out the stability of blue with the energy of red. Add to that, if you've ever studied the properties of crystals, amethyst may have a property that an INTJ might value. According to CrystalsandJewelry.com on their page "Amethyst: Meaning, Properties and Powers," amethyst is said to improve "intellectual and cerebral thought." Besides all this, violet is also a royal color befitting the INTJ sense of self-importance.

So, for one looking to balance out red and blue, emphasize his intellect and represent his nobility, violet is the color to go with.

But might there be a simpler answer to this question of what color best represents INTJs?

Black


You basic black. It goes with everything and has a slimming effect, not that that's of any importance to an INTJ. No. What interests an INTJ about black is that it's classic, severe, powerful, intimidating, and somewhat understated. Black is thought to be the "color" of all colors because all colored light is swallowed up by it. This is the reason why priests wear black because it dominates all other colors just like how the one, true God dominates all pagan gods and forces. And because all colors go into black, it can be argued that black has the best qualities of all colors making black the jack-of-all-trades in the color world. Perfect fit for INTJs who are the jack-of-all-trades in the people world. Not to mention, black is just cool.

Other Colors

Now, is it possible that there are other colors out there that might represent INTJs also? Well, I did think of silver and gold. Both colors are rich, important, and wealthy. And depending on whether or not an INTJ wants to be subdued or noticeable, he can choose either to suit his purposes.

But there are colors that I just don't see being for INTJs like orange, yellow, brown, or green. Yellow is far too bright and optimistic, orange is similarly too bright and sticks out. Brown just looks like mud, or something worse. Green however is an earth tone that suggests growth and nature. INTJs aren't really associated with either quality preferring things to be static and sterile in their lives. Well, except for their ENFP girlfriends, but...

The only other color that may be befitting of INTJs is white. White can become any color also making it a jack-of-all-trades, and it is just as classic as black. It's also more the absence of color which might fit INTJs since I can't imagine anyone calling us colorful people. Unless they're talking about our language. We might be one of the few kinds of people in the world that can actually curse a blue streak.
 

Conclusion

But beyond that, I'm afraid that blue, red, violet, and black are the best options for INTJs. I personally quite like red because it is the color of passion, but I do like it to be surrounded by black to give it that ominous feel. Heck, my phone case is red'n'black, my mouse is red'n'black, and my mouse pad is red'n'black. And don't even get me started on my clothes!

But anyway, that's it for now. I hope you enjoyed this fun little post and maybe learned something about INTJs. For next week, I'm not sure what I'll do. There are a couple of topics I want to write about, and there is a response post or two I can put out. Because Easter is this Sunday and I might be distracted by the holiday, I'll probably keep it simple and do a response post for next week. Will I be able to put out a second post? I'm not sure yet. We'll see. But until then...

Keep writing, my friends.

More About Bryan C. Laesch:


Amazon: My Author Page
Facebook: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar
Patreon: Bryan C. Laesch
Twitter: BryanofallTrade
Youtube: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Can You Pigeonhole Yourself through MBTI?

So, here’s a question for all you MBTI nerds: do you fear that knowing your personality type will pigeonhole you into acting a certain...