Saturday, March 10, 2018

80 Signs You're An INTJ: A Response to Buzzfeed, Part III



Hey, everyone.

So following the drop of my last article Are INTJs and ENFPs Truly Soulmates?, I need a bit of a break since that was such a huge article. It was mentally exhausting. My next truly original piece will be about how INTJs view money, but that won't be out until at least some time late next week. For now, I'm going to try to finish these responses to Buzzfeed's article "80 Signs You're An INTJ." If you haven't seen the first two articles I did, here's the first response and here's the second.

But before I continue on with the third response, I have to do my Patreon plug. If you enjoy the content I put out on my blog, please consider supporting me through Patreon. One dollar a month goes a long way with $5 going even farther--that's just .17 cents a day.

Alright then, let's get on with this third response...

41. You are forthright in conceding your expertise (which can make you appear arrogant but if asked respectfully, you're equally forthright in conceding knowledge gaps.)

Correct on both accounts. Regardless of why we concede, we're doing it because we don't want to mislead, or at the very least, we want things done right. Sure, some of us are genuinely helpful, but the priority for us is that things are done right.

42. You demand respect for your expertise.

Well, when you go through the trouble of becoming an expert, your word should be respected in that area. After all, are you going to respect the word of a noob?

43. How do you make an INTJ enemy? Underestimate them.

Well, this will work, but there are faster and more effective ways. However, this is really a better option when you need to motivate us. "Oh, so you don't think I can do it? Well, I'll show you, jack!"

44. You are a quick thinker and find slowing down for another's benefit tedious.

Generally. We can often skip steps in our thinking and rationalizing process, and not many have this ability. But as a tutor and certified dog trainer, I do get paid to be patient, so it's easier to deal with. Plus, if I don't make sure my student is getting it, I'll get fired for not slowing down enough. Cash is king!

45. There are times with irrational protocols, with self-contradictors, with misinformed moralizers, with politically-motivated scientism fans, with magical thinkers, and people who cannot see the consequences of their ideas, their evidence-denying hypocrisy makes you shut down, cut them off, and retreat somewhere so you can recover from the contaminating force of their stupidity in peace.

Yeah. Unfortunately, you see a lot of this on Pinterest especially if you let yourself get sucked into the world of political pins. Pinterest absolutely has the worst algorithm for finding pins a user might be interested in. You can be totally on one side of politics, but Pinterest will start suggesting things from the other.

46. People ask your advice constantly.

Not true. Nobody comes to me for advice. I know too many people with their sh*t together or I know too many people who don't consider me an expert on anything but writing.

47. The things you predict constantly come true.

Generally. That's what happens when you are aware of everything and know your history/recognize patterns.

48. You treat [people who don't follow your advice] with contempt forever after.

Pretty much. Again, respect the expertise, playa.

49. Your mind is an endless source of entertainment.

Generally it is. That's probably why we never feel the need to go out or have any problems with a quiet night in.

The original article had a chick in a bikini hooping,
but I've got a girl butt hooping!
Game over! I win!
Oh, wait a sec...


Aw, yeah! Tractor tire hooping! Where is your God now!?
Who needs to go outside when you can have this
playing in your mind on constant rewind?

50. You have a slightly addictive personality.

We do? Wait, do you mean that others get addicted to us, or that we are addicted to ourselves? The former might be true as back in the day when I was a chatroom playboy, some girls couldn't get enough of me. I don't know why. But the latter, well, we do live with ourselves, so hopefully we like ourselves enough to seem addicted.

51. You have numerous creative outlets.

Sort of... I don't think I have that many because I'm so focused on the writing. But if I was a rich man, things would be different. I would pursue music, art, pottery, and ballroom dance.

52. Your close friends know to steer you away from bookshops.

Au contraire, my friends are just as much into books as I am. In fact, probably more so. I write a hell of a lot more than I read, and I'm broke, and I've got books for days that I haven't cracked open yet, so I'm actually trying to cut back. Meanwhile, they don't seem to have any control.





53. You believe rationality is the key to the universe.

To some extent. Like, I don't think rationality is the key in exclusion to everything else. Emotion and intuition definitely have parts to play, but rationality should always guide the two.

54. You perceive the world as a sequence of interlocking systems each with its own delicious rules and you devour details when calculating something specific.

Boy-howdy is this true. This is probably why we're so good at math, science, critical thinking, and why we can rock the f*ck out of philosophy, religion, and foreign language.

55. You are a natural-born optimizer.

Pretty much, yeah. Inefficient systems stick out like a sore thumb in our minds. A good example of this is I was just on Pinterest, and I abso-f*cking-lutely hate those diet lists that tell you what foods to stay away from because they have the balls to list sugar, soda, and diet soda all separately. It's the same sh*t! The same sh*t! Yes, I know diet soda doesn't have sugar, but if you're going to talk about soda and sugar, just throw diet soda under the bus with them. It's efficient!

56. You're on a quest to tinker with and transform the world.



57. You pull off daring moves.

Not always. I've definitely hung my ass over the ragged edge and had my balls exposed on stream. Thankfully that doesn't happen often.

58. You know life is a game of strategy.

...That depends on the INTJ. I tend to take things too seriously because I'm always looking for purpose or meaning. As a result, I get offended when I'm wrong or things don't go my way. But there are definitely times where I could apply this philosophy. In fact, I might even start winning at life if I did.

 I've actually heard that dating sims aren't that far off when it comes to building relationships.

59. You give up blending.

Depends what you mean by "blending." I certainly don't blend into society, but I blend into crowds quite easily despite my height. But we certainly don't give a f*ck about blending into the status quo.

60. You perceive the profundity of the mundane.

And it never ceases to be mind-blowing when we do.



 
Alright, well, that's part three of my response. To be honest, this was the most boring one. 4 out of 10, would not write again. 5 to 6 out of 10 if you include the hooping gifs.
 
Anyway, next time I'll have part four published and then the post after that will be the one about how INTJs view money. To complement it, I might also do a rant on how work is bullsh*t. But I wanted you guys to know that I finally invested in an MBTI book that goes into cognitive functions so I can learn my ignorant ass something. It's actually that book that I posted an ad for far above. Hopefully it will give me some unique insight for my future posts that are still in the works. But, until then...

Keep writing, my friends.

More About Bryan C. Laesch:

My Opera:

Amazon: My Author Page
Facebook: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar
Patreon: Bryan C. Laesch
Twitter: BryanofallTrade
Youtube: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can You Pigeonhole Yourself through MBTI?

So, here’s a question for all you MBTI nerds: do you fear that knowing your personality type will pigeonhole you into acting a certain...