Tuesday, December 11, 2018

An INTJ's Prayer of Petition


Hey, everyone.

So, for this week I have something very different from the last two weeks. As it is Advent, the season in which we prepare for the coming of Jesus, I decided to write this keen prayer for INTJs as well as balance out the malicious and salacious things I wrote the previous two weeks. Hopefully, it serves INTJs in all the ways they need.

***

Dear Lord,

You know what sort of person I am, and what my soul desires.
You know that I pursue perfection though I may never attain it,
Since I know you are perfection, I therefore pursue you;
Please keep my mind and heart ever focused on you,
And I implore you to deliver me from my weaknesses and perfect my strengths.

[Ni]
Guard my mind from the afflictions of the world and the Devil;
Keep it sharp and clear so I may continue to perceive
the depths of the known and unknown,
And keep my mind ever fixed on Your timeless truths.

[Te]
Keep my rationale safe from the afflictions of the world and the Devil;
Help me to keep my balance and health of mind
so I may know the divine logic
And apply it to my life to be as effective in my vocation as you desire me to be.

[Fi]
Protect my integrity from the afflictions of the world and the Devil;
Keep me true to myself and my values,
those which are based on Your mercy and justice,
And keep me strong, especially in those moments when I stand alone.

[Se]
Safeguard my virtue from the afflictions of the world and the Devil;
Teach me to value, explore, and protect the world You have created
without falling to its wiles and temptations,
And show me how to be present without being possessed.

All this, I ask in Your name--
To commune with You ultimately,
To achieve glorious Victory,
To make the angels sing and the devils cry,
To not surrender my soul to one so weak, he has already been defeated.

Amen

***

Hopefully, someone finds this useful. I know I do as it matches everything an INTJ would look for in moment of petition. Next week, hopefully I'll cover why socialization is so important for INTJs, however I have no idea when it'll be out. The holidays do that to my schedule. If you want to make sure you don't miss it, please consider joining my mailing list or to make sure I release it on time, support me on Patreon. I take things more seriously when I get paid for them. So until next week... 

Keep writing, my friends.

More About Bryan C. Laesch:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Can You Pigeonhole Yourself through MBTI?

So, here’s a question for all you MBTI nerds: do you fear that knowing your personality type will pigeonhole you into acting a certain...