Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Quick and Dirty INTJ Thoughts #5: You're Not INTJ Enough to Be an INTJ


Hey, everyone.

My job search hasn't been going well and I'm feeling pretty sassy, so I guess I'll channel that energy into tearing a hypothetical someone's assh*le with this time's Quick and Dirty INTJ Thoughts.

Explanation

I don't know if other types have this problem, but among INTJs, there's a cult--an orthodoxy. Basically, if you don't meet the Council of INTJs' requirements for being an INTJ, you're not one. Just a few weeks ago I had some assh*le accusing me of not being an INTJ because I talk about personal stuff on my blog. This dork seems to have forgotten that while INTJs don't like getting personal in public, when it comes to writing, it's much easier for us to express ourselves.

Another part of it is that INTJs are really good about telling the (harsh) truth, even if it's about ourselves. Plus, I don't often get comments, so I don't feel like anyone is actually reading this thing. I see the view count go up, but that doesn't mean someone is picking up what I'm putting down. Even accidental clicks and quick-as-you-can click backs count as views.

But getting back to the point, I was contacted again by a female INTJ on FB to tell me I had a misspelling in one of my posts. We ended up speaking for a little while on what it's like being an INTJ and we got on the topic of how there are these assh*les who rate INTJs on whether or not they're worthy enough to call themselves INTJs. She mentioned she was familiar with the phenomenon and noted that it was especially bad amongst other female INTJs. I know female INTJs are known for having a forbidding aura stronger than their male counterparts, but this is ridiculous.

This is one of the reasons why I don't seek out and befriend other INTJs. I know that I'm a pain in the ass. I know what a bunch of ornery motherf*ckers INTJs can be and how much they can drive people crazy. I know how opinionated we can be, and how far we're willing to drive a point to make it abundantly clear. When it comes to opinions, you can either agree with an INTJ or you can be considered a f*cking moron--there really is no in-between. And since I know I don't fit the INTJ stereotype, especially where me being Catholic is concerned, I don't seek out other INTJs because I know most of them are going to be assh*les. And then to add an "INTJ worthiness factor" to that, it just makes my case for not pursuing other INTJs stronger.

Listen, assh*les, I know what I am. I know I'm an INTJ. I've taken the tests and I've read the material. I know why I stand out from other INTJs, but that doesn't make me any less of an INTJ. If you don't know how that's possible, let me fill you in on a little secret: MBTI is an oversimplification of Carl Jung's original personality theory. In Jung's system, everyone has all eight functions, but we all use them to different degrees. For instance, my order is Ni-Ne-Ti-Fi-Si-Te-Se-Fe, and according to My True Type by Dr. A.J. Drenth, because my eight function order is at least close to the MBTI INTJ theme of Ni-Te-Fi-Se, I'm almost certainly an INTJ. I know I just said "almost," but I'd bet my balls on it! Just because I'm not as opinionated or argumentative as you are, that doesn't mean I'm not an assh*le--I mean, INTJ.

(To the other types: As you can tell, just because INTJs are INTJs, that doesn't mean we're all the same. That would be a critically fatal assumption.)

***
 

If you enjoyed this ball-busting Quick and Dirty INTJ Thoughts and you want to stay in the loop with whatever I write, please consider joining my mailing list, and if you want me to keep busting my type's balls, please consider supporting me on Patreon. Even $1 a month is enough for me to keep being an assh*le.

Keep writing, my friends.

More About Bryan C. Laesch:

Amazon: My Author Page
Facebook: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar
Patreon: Bryan C. Laesch

Instagram: Bryan C. Laesch
Twitter: BryanofallTrade
Youtube: Bryan C. Laesch, Bawdy Scholar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can You Pigeonhole Yourself through MBTI?

So, here’s a question for all you MBTI nerds: do you fear that knowing your personality type will pigeonhole you into acting a certain...