Thursday, July 20, 2017

RWBY: The Novelization Update

Some of you know that I write RWBY: The Novelization. For those of you who don't, I wrote a novelization of RWBY. Not the whole thing, but most of volumes 1 and 2, and the Yellow Trailer. If you're interested, you can read it on Inkitt, Deviantart, or FanFiction.net.


Now, back in May or June when I finished Volume 2, I uploaded a vid to my YouTube channel talking about why I did the Novelization and what my future plans were. To keep things short: because I love writing, really like RWBY, and I wouldn't mind having a contract with RT where they actually pay me to write the thing, and my future plans were to start releasing Volume 3 chapters on July 7th. As is obvious, I have not done that. Why?

There are a few reasons, but the most influential one is that when I wrote the Novelization, I didn't need to worry about money. Sure, the Novelization doesn't take up that much time, but it does take a few hours per week. There's at least two hours of work transcribing and writing an episode, an hour or two for editing, and then there's the uploading which when done on three different sites, takes longer than you'd think. So, I could very easily work and write the Novelization, but my situation has changed in other ways too.

When July started, I decided to get serious about this whole writing as a career thing and self-publishing my work. And that all takes time--time to write, time to edit, time to finagle Amazon's system, and time to market. Add to that, I've given myself several more projects due before the end of August. See, the secret to being successful as a self-published writer isn't having one book that makes you a hundred dollars, but rather having a hundred books that make you a dollar a day. And since money is an option right now, guess what gets the priority.

In addition to that, I'm going to start editing/doing another draft of a novel I completed a few months ago as I begin a third. Plus, I've got a project with my uncle. Basically, we're creating an app and there's going to be an animated web-series to go with it, but that's not making me any money yet. And! There'll be a book to go with that, and my uncle wants me to help him write a few memoir projects of his own. So... yeah. Writing... it's what I do.

So, what does this mean for the Novelization? Will it be indefinitely put on hold? NO! It shan't.

The Novelization is actually somewhat popular and people request I keep working on it. Problem is, I don't have the time to devote to a whole volume right now. And as some of you may remember, part of my self-publishing plan with regards to RWBY was to create a following that I could show to Rooster Teeth before I started hitting them up for a contract. But the Novelization is fairly popular. I think I might spring my plan early. But, not yet.

The plan is to take a look at the earlier entries of the Novelization and polish them, especially the first two entries, The Yellow Trailer and Ruby Rose and Welcome to Beacon, because these will be a part of the portfolio I send to Rooster Teeth. I may also send in a new version of Best Day Ever and another chapter from Volume 2. Why? Because I intend on writing at least two fresh chapters from Volume 3 and I will write the Red, White, and Black trailers. I'll also release these new entries to you, my adoring fans, on the usual channels and this blog. (I might even start adding them to Reddit.)

The purpose of all this is to show Rooster Teeth the scope of my abilities. But I can't do it alone. I quite appreciate all the support you guys give, and I have to ask for more (which I hate because I'm an INTJ). How can you support me? Keep reading the Novelization. Share it, get it out there. Comment on it. Discuss it. And if you actually want to see it whole as a real book, tell Rooster Teeth you want it and point them in my direction. You can also support me by checking out my original work. I have three books that are available now. I'll write entries for them, but if you want to check them out now, click this link: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B073Q8M216.

And lastly, keep reading this blog. I intend on expanding its scope to include RWBY stuff because my Weiss blog got more hits than my RWBY videos ever have. So, all those things I planned to do videos on but didn't because making videos are a huge pain in the ass, you can expect them here. I'll do speculations on Summer, dust, and why the moon is f-ed up. And just like how I broke down the reasons why I like Weiss, I'll do the same thing for the rest of Team RWBY.

I've got some big things in store, and I can't wait to share them. Like I said in January, 2017 is going to be my year.

So, to end this post, let me ask you guys something--I have my own ideas on which chapters from Volume 3 I'm going to write in the interim and for Rooster Teeth, but if you guys could request two chapters for me to write, what would they be? Put your answers in the comments below.

Keep writing, my friends.

2 comments:

  1. The last three episodes of RWBY Volume three... Battle of Beacon, Heroes and Monsters, and End of the Beginning are a must, as they pave way for Volume 4 the most.

    Though I'll recommend, Fall and Beginning of the End. As both had some very important characterization for the main villains of the series at the time, what they can do, and a little more background on what the fall maiden is capable of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't care for Beginning of the End. I'm not big into villains... but writing about them might definitely help.

      I was planning on doing select scenes from the last few episodes including Weiss and Velvet vs the Paladin and Pyrrha kissing Jaune.

      Delete

Can You Pigeonhole Yourself through MBTI?

So, here’s a question for all you MBTI nerds: do you fear that knowing your personality type will pigeonhole you into acting a certain...